I love Tiramisù. I might not be a sweet tooth, but I’ll admit it is a real comfort food, and it is like its Italian name: a real pick me up! But, what I don’t like about it, is the aftereffect: the sensation of heaviness. This variation, based on the combination of overnight oats and vegan ice-cream, is quicker to prepare, healthier, and tastes so nice. It’s also perfect for the summer time. It’s a joy to eat this delicious and still plant-based, dairy-free, gluten-free, and refined-sugar free dessert.
Ingredients for 4 small pretty glasses
For the base:
- 50 g of old fashioned oats, soaked overnight in coffee. If you are celiac be careful to choose gluten-free oats.
- About 100 ml of espresso coffee, to soak the oats
- a splash of plant based sweetener of your choice
For the nice-cream:
- 2 frozen bananas
- 50 ml of plant-based milk of your choice. I am using coconut milk.
- 1 tsp of vanilla flavor or ½ vanilla pod, scraping the seeds
- ½ tsp of plant-based sweetener of your choice
- cacao powder, for the topping
In your refrigerator, put the oats in an air-tight container and let them soak overnight in the espresso coffee, with a splash of sweetener. Alternatively, if you are in a hurry, prepare the oats on the stove or in your microwave using the coffee as the liquid element, according to the package cooking time. Let it cool and refrigerate them as soon as you can.
In a high-speed blender, blend the ingredients for the nice-cream for about one minute.
Compose the glasses placing 2 teaspoons of the soaked oats at the bottom and the nice-cream on top. Finish sprinkling the cacao powder, and serve while it’s still chilled.
In case your high-speed blender is powerful enough, it might not even be necessary to use the plant-based milk.