What’s better than a hot chocolate in the cold or wet days? The kind I like is thick and creamy. It makes me think about winter holidays in the mountains. And this time, you will not feel guilty for drinking it, because it’s made with simple and healthy ingredients.
Beside the traditional Italian style chocolate, I’ll also include the Aztec spicy version.
To make it even more delicious, you can add a spoon of coconut cream on top!
Ingredients for 2 servings
Base ingredients for the Italian style hot chocolate
- 30 g of cashew nuts
- 2 dates, rehydrated in hot water
- 4 tsp of unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of natural vanilla flavor, you can also use ½ of a vanilla pod, scraping out the seeds
- 300 ml of soy milk, coconut milk or other plant-based alternative of your choice
- a sprinkle of pink Himalayan salt
- a splash of agave syrup, or other plant-based sweetener of your choice
Optional to add for the Aztec hot chocolate
- 1 cardamom, only the seeds, crushed
- a sprinkle of red chili pepper
- a sprinkle of cinnamon
- 2 cloves, crushed
Place the ingredients in your high-speed mini blender or traditional blender, blend for about 1 and ½ minute.
Warm up the liquid you obtained for about 1 and ½ minute in the microwave at 600 W, or for a couple of minutes on the stove. Be very careful while you warm it up, because it can literally explode, so as soon as it starts to thicken, it’s time to stop and serve it.