Is there anything more Christmassy than gingerbread flavor? This is a fantastic breakfast smoothie bowl for the holiday season, filled with nutrients, light, but with plenty of taste.
And you can go wild by decorating it with a Christmas theme to surprise your loved ones or your children, for example by using coconut flakes to make a beautiful snow effect. It will make them start the day with a smile!
Ingredients for 2 servings
- 2 ripe bananas, in chunks
- 140 ml of coconut milk, or another plant-based milk of your choice
- 2 rehydrated dates, pitted
- ½ tsp of powdered cinnamon
- ½ tsp of ground cardamom
- ½ tsp of powdered nutmeg
- 1 tsp of fresh ginger
- a sprinkle of ground clove
- 2 tsp of cacao powder
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp of maple syrup, or a few drops of stevia extract, or another plant-based sweetener of your choice
- fresh fruit of your choice, coconut flakes, and granola for decoration
Place the ingredients in your high-speed mini blender or traditional blender, blend them for a 1 minute, until you obtain a smooth and creamy consistency. Add some more plant-based milk in case the result is too dry. Serve in a nice bowl, and decorate with coconut flakes, granola, or fresh fruit if you like.
You can also use the mixed spice or the speculaas spice mix (1 ½ tsp) instead of the spices in the recipe, still it would be nice to use a little of fresh ginger to achieve the right taste.